Virgin Annunciate, c. 1410-15
Norton Simon Art Foundation, Gift of Mr. Norton Simon
© Norton Simon Art Foundation
Presumably entire high altarpiece commissioned by Luca di Piero di Rinieri Berri for the Camaldolese Monastery of San Benedetto fuori Porta Pinti, Florence, ca. 1407-1409;
Presumably moved to the Alberti Chapel in Santa Maria degli Angeli, Florence, ca. 1529, when S. Benedetto was destroyed and the monks moved to S. M. degli Angeli.
The Prince of Liechtenstein, Mödling, Austria, acquired in Florence 1894, still in collection 1948, sold to;.
[Thos. Agnew & Sons, London, stock no. 246, Knoedler's, stock no. A7056, & Pinakos, 1/3 ownership each; sold by Agnew on 12 December 1962 to];
Norton Simon, gift 1973 to;
Norton Simon Art Foundation.